From 1st April 2022 the grant will support:
Flat Owners (incl. leasehold flats) and People living in rental accommodation
The grant will support people living in flats (incl. leasehold flats) and rental accommodation (as we currently do under the EVHS). Up to £350 is available towards the cost of installing a chargepoint. Only one application will be permitted per person. The applicant must have a qualifying electric vehicle and their property must have dedicated off-street parking.
Landlords and social housing providers can apply for an EVHS grant
Up to £30,000 will be available per building towards the cost of installing chargepoints, with a limit of 30 applications per year per applicant.
The amount of grant available per application will depend on how many parking bays are being provisioned with either a chargepoint socket (up to £850 available per bay) or supporting infrastructure for a chargepoint to be installed at a later date (up to £500 available per bay).
- The applicant must be a registered business or a public authority
- If they are a private entity, they may be registered with Companies House, have a VAT registration, or be a private registered provider of social housing.
- The property must have associated private parking.
- There is no limit as to how many chargepoint sockets can be installed in each property (within the overall limit of £30,000 per property).
- A minimum of five bays must be provisioned, at least one of which must have a working chargepoint.
Please note that some PHEVs are not eligible for OLEV EVHS grant funding, click here to check your vehicle is eligible